If you deal with migraines on a regular basis, you know how debilitating they can be. According to the U.S. National Institutes of Health, about 12 percent of Americans suffer from migraines. These headaches typically cause an intense, throbbing pain on one side of the head, in addition to sensitivity to light and sound. Some folks deal with nausea as well.
Let’s first consider the root cause of headaches. Much of the time, muscle tightness in the neck region can spur headaches. Neck tightness, on the other hand, is typically associated with “tension headaches,” or ones that originate in the cervical region.
On occasion, headaches can be triggered by factors such as food, noise, stress and diet, to name a few. We’re also prone to headaches when we sit or lay in the same position for long amounts of time, exercise at a high intensity, or when our bodies undergo a drastic change in blood glucose levels. Keep in mind that daily sugar intake can be a major contributing factor when it comes to headaches, as can too much caffeine.
It’s been proven that chiropractic adjustments can serve as a healthy, natural remedy for migraines and headaches. When you come to Moramarco Chiropractic in Woburn, you can expect that your headache treatment will likely include the following:
- Spinal manipulations to improve function
- Nutritional advice or referral to a nutritional counselor for an analysis of dietary changes that may help.
- Certain B vitamins have been known to provide relief for those with regular headaches.
- Postural advice, including advice on ergonomics, exercises and relaxation. Ideally, our back pain specialists will relieve join irritation and tension in the upper back and neck to help reduce the frequency and intensity of your headaches.
At Moramarco Chiropractic, we take a whole body approach in terms of headache relief. Take a look at these tips for avoiding them.
- Get plenty of sleep
- Stay hydrated and remember to stick with water as opposed to sugary sports drinks
- Moderate alcohol intake
- Get regular exercise and enjoy less stress in your life, which can lead to fewer tension headaches.
- Consume more greens as a way to support your body instead of stressing it
For 30 years, we’ve been providing the highest quality of patient care through chiropractic adjustments. We remind current patients and prospective patients alike that chiropractic is more than just re-aligning your spine. Rather, it encompasses pain management, health and wellness, and overall healing.
Regain control of your quality of life and choose Dr. Moramarco for a variety of services including sports injury rehabilitation, nutritional counseling, and assistance with posture. Here is just a sampling of the conditions we treat:
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Chronic Back Pain
- Herniated Disc Problems
- Hip, knee, and back pain
- Pinched nerves
- And more
Rest assured that you will be in great hands when you choose Dr. Moramarco. To learn more about how we can help you achieve headache relief, click here. Otherwise, contact us today and we’ll get you squared away with your first appointment!